Thursday 26 October 2023

The Spell has been cast!

 Smoke rises from the reed pond, 

in the far distance. 

A squall gusts through the reeds, 

bringing home the damp, warm scent of the lowlands. 

I fall asleep. 

After many many sleepless nights. 

Wind gushes through the reeds

in aspirate whispers, 

circling the pond, 

as if searching for something

in restless desparation.

I walk, half asleep! 

Bare feet. Looking for you. 

The night darkens. 

Obscure shadows eclipse the moon. 

I open my eyes. 

I lie bare atop the reeds, 

a hundred sheaths cutting the body, 

a thousand blades lashing at the soul. 

A gentle flouroscence 

envelopes the earth. 

I rise above the reed pond, 

above the mountains, 

above the clouds. 

I circle the earth, 

shrieking, 

like the shrill cry of the grass whistles 

we used to make as children. 

Like the hollow wail 

of the reed flute. 

I melt into the night. 

I burn into ashes, 

I rain from the clouds. 

Smoke rises from the reed pond. 

I open my eyes. 

I smell of the reeds. 

The fog clears. 

I can tell I am in love. 

The spell has been cast!


October the 26th, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment