Tuesday 21 November 2023

Love, strangely!

Love has this strange capacity, 

to turn things inside out!

Love for instance, 

turns nothing into everything, 

sometimes over long years, 

sometimes almost instantly, 

making nothing of everything, 

sweeping through all existence, 

like a fire in the forest! 


So, for a very long time, 

I stared at you from afar, 

never saying a word to you. 

But in the silence of that solitude, 

I always found myself thinking of you. 

And then one day 

I thought I'd touch you. 

But when I held your hand, 

I found myself ablaze, 

with an indomitable desire, 

to hold you close to my heart. 

And in holding you close, 

I felt our two hearts, 

beating like one, 

like the two prongs of a tuning fork! 

And so I wanted to kiss you, 

and in kissing you, 

I wanted time to slow down,

so I may lose myself

in that moment, 

and then I wanted to do 

other things to you, 

unspeakable, 

unspoken of things. 

Like kissing with my lips, 

the depths of your soul, 

and drowning my being, 

in the ocean of your thoughts, 

till my eyes could see nothing else, 

but a blinding light;

the blinding light of your truth, 

as you'd want it to be! 

And lose myself 

in the wilderness of your dreams, 

like a gust of wind, 

gasping through the Pines! 

Till nothing of me is left, 

till I'm nothing but a drop, 

in the Ocean that is you! 


That is the thing with love. 

It's this all consuming being, 

that stops at nothing

and leaves not a thing behind.


November the 20th, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment