Thursday 14 September 2023

Of Tears and Oceans!


Tears that we shed in our dreams, 

don't fall on the ground! 

I've somehow come to believe

they fall in the Ocean! 

People of the coasts must know! 


Like the hill people know

the secrets of the hills, 

but cursed people of the plains, 

Us! We know no secrets! 

Even rivers 

flow through here quietly, 

though I've seen them 

sing to the mountains, 

and dance to the seas! 


My mother once told me 

I was conceived near a sea, 

when I conceived, 

I took my yet unborn to the ocean, 

I feel it calls to me, 

the ocean! 

but why would it! 

Or perhaps it's really made of tears, 

all the tears I've ever cried, 

awake, 

asleep, 

and those that I didn't! 


What do we know! 


You would know though, 

people of the coasts must know!


September, the 14th, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment